Question: When to speak to your lawyer about divorce?

When should you talk to a lawyer about divorce?

If you are the person initiating the divorce, you should consult with an attorney before you speak with your partner. During your initial consultation, your attorney can advise you about any steps that you should take before informing your spouse of your impending divorce.

Should I talk to a lawyer before filing for divorce?

Talking to an attorney is one of the most important things you should do before filing for divorce. The laws on divorce vary by state and change regularly. If your case is complex and there are children involved you may want to consider hiring a family law specialist that is certified by your state Bar Association.

What should I tell my divorce lawyer?

Its helpful for your attorney to have a written statement outlining the important facts in your marriage, including how you met your spouse, when you married, the names and ages of your children, your education, where you work, critical events in your marriage, what you think caused the divorce, and who wants the

When should I talk to a lawyer?

An incident of driving under the influence or domestic violence; accusations of any kind of criminal behavior, including white collar crime or tax fraud, should send you straight to your lawyer. If you dont have a lawyer, then your first call should be to someone you trust to help you find one.

What should you not forget in a divorce agreement?

Legal Issues To Consider:Last Will and Testament: Disinherit the former spouse, or reinstate him/her as beneficiary? Children: What does the Agreement require in a Will? Life Insurance: Is an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust appropriate? Health Care Proxy: Is current named Agent appropriate to make medical decisions?More items •18 May 2017

Should a divorcing couple use the same attorney?

One of the most frequently asked questions that I hear is, “Can my spouse and I use the same attorney for our uncontested divorce?” The answer is no. Whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, an attorney can only represent one party.

Contact us

Find us at the office

Cedar- Havlicek street no. 105, 79863 Honiara, Solomon Islands

Give us a ring

Tajae Balinski
+36 987 346 513
Mon - Fri, 10:00-20:00

Write us